This is a repeating eventmarch 16, 2023 6:00 pm
09mar6:00 pm8:30 amPottery Classes at the QuinlanQuinlan Visual Arts Center
Pottery Classes with Lesther Martin Handbuilding and Wheel Throwing Thursday nights - March 9 - April 20 - 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
Pottery Classes with Lesther Martin
Handbuilding and Wheel Throwing
Thursday nights – March 9 – April 20 – 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM
EMBRACE YOUR CREATIVE SIDE at THE QUINLAN VISUAL ARTS CENTER
SESSION DATES: Mar. 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, Apr. 13th, 20th.
SESSION TIME: Thursday nights from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
PLACE: Quinlan Visual Arts Center
COST: $160 for members I $185 for non-members
REGISTRATION is REQUIRED.
Click to REGISTER.
For more information, please contact:
In this class, students will make original functional ceramic pieces using wheel thrown techniques and hand build techniques. Students will work at their own pace. This class is tailored specifically to each individual level of experience, focusing on throwing, trimming, and glazing. Perfect class for beginners, and great for those who already are familiar with the wheel.
The fee includes 25 pounds of clay.
The class also includes communal tools, but students are welcome to bring their own tools.
• Basic pottery set (wooden knife, metal kidney, wood kidney, needle tool, wire, and sponge.)
• Bucket (any container that can hold between a pint to a gallon of water)
For more information, please see:
- Website: https://www.quinlanartscenter.org/lesther-martin.html
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/QVAC.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thequinlan/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheQuinlanArts
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/martinspottery/about
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lestherix/glaze-recipes/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/martins_pottery/?hl=en
- Email: email@example.com
(Thursday) 6:00 pm - 8:30 am
Quinlan Visual Arts Center
514 Green Street, N.E.
Quinlan Visual Arts Center770-536-2575 678-343-2738 FAX 514 Green St NE Gainesville, GA 30501
Quinlan Visual Arts Center514 Green Street, N.E.Quinlan hosts up to 20 major solo and group exhibitions each year, advanced workshops with nationally and internationally acclaimed artists, classes in all media for adults and children, summer art camps, private art parties, a museum-quality gift shop featuring original art by local artists, and other special events for the community including a fine art auction every spring.