Are you up for a challenge? Awesome! Because Cartoon Network is bringing the Move it Movement to Lake Lanier Islands this summer!
Kick, shoot and skate your way to off-the-chart fun and show off your skills to your friends and family. COME GET IN THE GAME!
When: June 10th, 2012 (12-4 pm)
Where: Grand Hall at Lake Lanier Islands
Price: Free with gate admission!
The MOVE IT MOVEMENT TOUR, Cartoon Network’s local market summer tour targeting youth 6-14, in partnership with the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition and in support of First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! initiative. The tour will feature multiple activity and learning stations presented in a themed, exciting and fun outdoor environment. Families planning to visit and participate in the MOVE IT MOVEMENT TOUR can enjoy a host of activities including:
• NBA/WNBA FIT & NBA Hoop Troop — kids can demonstrate their fitness level by testing their basketball skills and shoot against the clock for prizes;
• The PGA of America Driving Range — drive the ball for accuracy and distance with The PGA driving range! Top scores are posted on the PGA Sports Authority leaderboard;
• Crayola — featuring a day to night-themed activity area, where kids can exercise their imagination creating their own sidewalk masterpieces using Kaleidoscope 3-D Chalk ™, 3-D Sidewalk Chalk™ and Sidewalk Tattoos™, with new night time products Outdoor Glow Sand Ball™ and Glow Chalk™ on display to encourage night time creations at home;
• NFL PLAY 60 — kids can practice a variety of football-themed activities, including running patterns and passing skills;
• Skate Park Challenge — BMX and skateboard experts perform high-flying demonstrations followed by interactive safety and riding tips sessions for kids;
• Soccer Shootout Challenge — kids can show off their footwork and take aim at a custom soccer goal;
• Let’s Move!/PALA+ booth — a station set aside specifically for registration materials, nutrition tips and further information promoting participation with Let’s Move! and the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award.
• Cartoon Network Chill Zone, a themed area to refuel (water) and recharge while sampling some of the best new programming, online activities and premium items from Cartoon Network. The Chill Zone also offers a green screen photo activity and a Stop Bullying: Speak Up pledge station.
More Info: www.moveitmovement.com