Earth Day Celebration
Saturday, April 20th 10am-1pm
A day of fun for children and learning opportunities for adults. Our naturalist staff and volunteers will be on hand to provide a variety of fun and educational activities for children including animal programs, woodland hikes, crafts, face painting and lots more.
While the children are happily engaged in learning, parents and other adults can attend a series of backyard conservation workshops presented by experts and covering a variety of topics.
- Green Roofs and Rainwater Harvesting, with Julie Evans of the Fockele Garden Company
- The Basics of Effective Tree Planting, with arborist Odis Sisk of Global Tree Preservation
- Backyard Composting, with Peter Gordon of Elachee Nature Science Center
- Energy Conservation in the Home, with Tim Bala, Lanier Technical College
- Tour our new “E-House” to learn more about solar power and energy conservation at home
Also, Elachee’s Nature Preschool will celebrate its grand opening on this day. Come by to talk to our Preschool staff, tour the new classroom and visit our outdoor Nature Playscape. Camp Elachee staff will be on hand to preview our 2013 spring and summer day camp schedule. It will be a great opportunity to get information, meet our staff and register your children for a week or two of northeast Georgia’s best summer camp experience.
Admission: $5 per individual, or $10 per family. Elachee members and children under 2 are admitted free.