OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes I (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal U.S. residents of Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Mississippi who are eighteen (18) or older. Employees, directors, officers, and agents of Lake Lanier Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. (“Sponsor” or “LLCVB”), Atlanta National League Baseball Club, Inc. (“ANLBC”), and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, dealers, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, and suppliers involved in the Sweepstakes, as well as the members of each of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and in-laws) and persons residing in the same household of such individuals are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at or about 6:00 PM EST on 07/26/14 and ends 11:59:59 PM EST on 08/13/13 (“Sweepstakes Period”). All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. There is two (2) ways to enter during the Sweepstakes Period:
Text: By using an SMS-enabled device to text keyword communicated on advertising materials provided by contest management (Mobivity, Inc. Chandler, AZ.) Standard text message and data rates apply to each message sent or received. Other charges may apply; check your mobile plan for rates/details. Participation may not be possible on all carriers. Instructions for help and to cease receiving messages regarding the Sweepstakes will be provided by Mobivity, Inc. You will not receive future text messages regarding the Sweepstakes except for notification if you are selected as a potential winner. Please note that proof of text message submission does not constitute proof of delivery/receipt. Limit one (1) text message entry per wireless account per day. If more than one (1) entry is received from the same person or phone number per day, only the first entry will be considered valid and Sponsor may choose to disqualify all entries submitted by that person at Sponsor’s sole discretion. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is the 24-hour period between 12:00:00 AM EST and 11:59:59 PM EST. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. All valid Text Message Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM EST on 08/13/14.
Mail-In: By hand printing on a 3” x 5” paper, your complete name, address, birth date (MM/DD/YYYY), email address (optional), daytime telephone number, valid keyword (use same keyword as identified for text message entries) and signing your name. Mail entry in a #10 envelope (4.125” x 9.5”) with a return address along with first-class postage affixed to: Mail received without a verifiable and legible return address is incomplete and not a valid entry. Note: entry form, mailing address and return mailing address all must be the same mailing address, otherwise entry is invalid. Entries without a valid keyword will be considered incomplete and not considered an entry. Limit one (1) entry per #10 envelope, per person/household, per day. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted. All valid mail-in entries must be postmarked by 08/14/14 and received by 5:00 PM CT on 08/17/14.
3. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about 08/15/13 from among all eligible entries received by, an independent judging organization, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes are final. An entrant’s entry will be included in the drawing pool associated with valid keyword used to enter or indicated on entry form. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Prizes will be awarded assuming sufficient eligible entries are received and prizes are properly claimed. The potential winners will be notified by phone, text, mail or email within two (2) days after drawing date.
4. PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Grand Prizes (One (1) Grand Prize: prize includes four (4) tickets to LanierWorld beach and waterpark, (2) nights hotel stay at the Best Western Plus Lake Lanier, (1) $25 value gift certificate for dining at Recess Gastro Pub, (1) $50 value gift certificate to Masterpiece Mixers paint studio, (4) tickets good for one round each of mini golf at The Oaks Miniature Golf, (2) Adventure Tours from North Georgia Canopy Tours. Important Notice: Winner must be at least 18 years of age. Winner will be responsible for all gratuities, meals, transportation, lodging and any other incidental costs or expenses not identified in these rules. Sponsor is not responsible if any part of prize is delayed, postponed, or canceled for any reason. Winner will not receive compensation from Sponsor for tickets that the winner is unable to use due to cancellation. Attraction tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures set by the issuer. Winner agrees that the grand prize contents is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable license that is personal to that applicable winner and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. A violation of these restrictions shall revoke winner’s license, and the prize will not be honored. Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any event or exhibition. Limit one (1) prize per household/address. ARV of all prizes: $749.
5. WINNER VERIFICATION: The potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Grand Prize winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) within four (4) days of attempted notification or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Failure to provide all required information and a signature on the documents will result in forfeiture of winner’s right to claim a prize and may be awarded to an alternate winner, if time permits. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, if time permits.
6. PRIZE TERMS: Prizes are not transferable and include only the items specifically listed in these rules as part of prize. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If any prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Any portion of prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. Federal, state, and local taxes on prize and any expenses relating to the acceptance of and use of prize not specified herein are the responsibility of winner. Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC for each winner whose prize is valued at $600 or more. Approximate retail value is as of the time the rules were printed and the value of a prize may fluctuate. A winner is not entitled to any difference between the ARV and the actual value of the prize at the time the prize is awarded.
8. RULES REQUEST: For a copy of the official rules, send a self-addressed stamped #10 envelope to: Atlanta’s Day at the Beach Sweepstakes, c/o LLCVB, Post Office Box 2995, Gainesville, GA 30503
9. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, available after 08/17/14, send a self-addressed stamped #10 envelope to: Atlanta’s Day at the Beach Sweepstakes Winner, c/o LLCVB, Post Office Box 2995, Gainesville, GA 30503
9.10 SPONSOR: Lake Lanier Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. Post Office Box 2995, Gainesville, GA 30503.
The “MLB Entities” shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”); its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees, and Councils; MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLBAM” or “MLB.com”); Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc.; Major League Baseball Properties, Inc.; the Major League Baseball Clubs (“Clubs”); The MLB Network, LLC, Tickets.com, Inc.; SportsOnEarth, LLC; and each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored by ANLBC or the MLB Entities. ANLBC and Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are proprietary to the MLB Entities. All rights reserved.
POS Disclaimer w/text details
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter text the valid keyword provided to the number given in promotional materials. See participating retailers’ display for details or, for official rules, log onto www.discoverlakelanier.com. Must be 18+ and a legal resident of Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina and Mississippi. Void where prohibited. Begins 7/26/14 and Ends 8/13/14. *Msg&data rates may apply. Text HELP to 49375 for help. Text STOP to 49375 to cease messages.